Admission of New Learners Into Grade 8,9, and 10
We wish to bring this information to your attention so that you are aware of the admission process and closing dates, if you have interest in applying for 2019 to Mariannhill Secondary Independent School, T/A as St. Francis’ College:
NOTE: Applications for 2019 academic year closed on 04th May 2018.
Current school fees:
The current school fess for 2018 are R19 008. The Hostel fees are R15 300. They are revised annually and you will be advised during the process if you apply. The process is as follows:
An application requests an application form from the school, and completes it. It must be returned to the school with all accompanying documents as listed below and the form, on or before the 4th of May 2018. Required documents:
- Birth certificate of the applicant.
- Baptism certificate
- Testimonial from the Priest/ religious leader.
- December report of the previous grade.
- Certified copy of the Identification Document of parent/ guardian.
- Proof of income of parent/ guardian.
- Confirmation of employment if employed.
- A fee clearance letter from the current school of the applicant.
- Proof of residence.
Applicants who have submitted all required documents are requested to bring the June report of the current year.
They are then invited to an oral and written interview at the school.
Successful applicants are invited to an Orientation Day at the school, where the following information is given to them:
- The Ethos of the school
- The Code of Conduct
- The prospectus
- The uniform
- Fees for 2019
- Requirements of the Hostels, in case they have also applied for accommodation at the Hostels.
We trust that all interested applicants will be able to adhere to the dates given to avoid any delay or disappointment of late application.